Monday, June 24, 2013

Looking on the bright side

First off I just want to make note of my name change. People have been finding me on social networking sites and I've had some issues with that. I realize some of you continue to visit this blog on a regular basis, but not all do. This is merely for my protection.

Now on to the more important update. I feel that I need to lay off the heavy posts for a bit and focus on some good news! I know I constantly stress that it's important to live in the moment. But I also know that looking forward to the future is not necessarily a bad move either. Sometimes we all need an extra "push" to be able to focus on the other side of the rainbow.

So with that said, I have officially made my decision about where I'm returning to college. I was given the option to go to school in New York City or Boston, but I have willingly chosen to come back to UNCC!!! I couldn't be happier with my decision! At first I was very skeptical about returning to Charlotte but through constant prayers I have come to realize that this is where I need to be. The other part of the good news is that I now have a car to bring down there with me! It was detrimental to not have a car for my first year. I mean, I made it work as best I could but it was still awful. So now that I have one I can become more active in the city I love!

In my opinion, I feel that having some place to call home is what excites me most. I was going back and forth between home and Charlotte so often that I honestly became confused as to which place to call "my home." In the beginning of my first semester I was always homesick and then I had a boyfriend who wanted me in Charlotte. But I wasn't at the point where I wanted to stay in Charlotte. Then, towards the end of the year, I started to attach to North Carolina. And then just decided I should transfer closer to home. I truly believe I was just at a crucial learning stage in my life. Those dreaded words "growing up" come to mind when I think about last year.

All in all, now that I will have a car, know what to expect having been through my first year of college, and have settled in a state more permanently, I think that next year will be a bit better than last year. That's not to say I won't be homesick, I definitely will be. It will be even harder if Jacob is still sick like he is now. But, I am confident in God; that Jesus will be with me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment