Monday, March 4, 2013

How it Began

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." ~Proverbs 3:3

I'll start with a little background information first, I'm a current college student trying to make the world a better place like everyone else. I see myself as just another daughter of God and nothing else. All I want to do is praise him and accomplish what I'm supposed to do on Earth for him. My heart truly doesn't beat for anyone else; no human love could take the place of God's love. It's the only way I am able to get up everyday and move forward.

 Everyone's first impression of me is that I always have a smile on my face. That may be true, but that's not without great struggle. As I'm learning now, fear and sadness don't get you anywhere in life. You have to get up and carry on with the rest of the world because it doesn't stop just for you. That being said, it's time I get into the real issue at hand; the reason I decided to start this blog.

I suppose you could say that I'm not like every other sibling out there. Now by no means do I think I'm special, amazing, perfect....however you see it. I'm not trying to come off as haughty but this is true. I don't fight with my three brothers. I see no reason, especially because tomorrow isn't a guarantee for them. You have to live every day to its fullest, miss a day and you could find yourself in the emergency room with one of them the next not knowing if he will make it through the night. The youngest of the three who we will call Jacob has a spinal cord injury. He is what the medical team likes to call "medically complex." He is paralyzed from the lower stomach down and breathes through a trac. He will probably never be able to walk. I know, you always here a physical disability makes a person strong as if it were cliche. Well guess what? It's not cliche! It's true, there is something we will never understand about these beautiful, gifted souls. The struggles they have give them a gift from Heaven that few can say they have experienced. Think about that the next time you see someone with some type of disability out in public. You see them for what is wrong with them and their limitation, not for what they have to offer the world.....
 


     

1 comment:

  1. You may not think you are special, amazing or perfect but you truly are! The way you care for not only Jacob but your other siblings is full of love and patience, Celeste. It truly is amazing how you are with your family. :)

    ReplyDelete