Sunday, February 9, 2014

Correction on the Medical Study

Sunday….my favorite day of the week! There are two quick things I want to share:

To start out, I made a mistake when explaining the procedure Jacob is having this month. It is NOT a bronch study, it is a modified barium swallow study. I was totally off haha. I heard "bronch" on the phone…I'm not sure how. Anyways, that's what it is. Food is coated with barium and is swallowed. Then a special team or radiologists observe the x ray or fluoroscopy (whichever is used) while Jacob is swallowing. Hopefully this will offer his doctors insight as to why he has an asthma attack every time he swallows. This study will be performed Wednesday….we are all hoping and praying for the best.

So on to more exciting news….JACOB'S 5TH BIRTHDAY IS THIS SATURDAY!!!!!
It's crazy to think that we are approaching February 15th so soon! There were multiple days over the summer and even this past fall where we weren't sure he was going to see his next birthday. There are truly no words to describe how thankful I am for the gift of my brother's life. He brings this family nothing but love and joy~ as do all of my brothers.


No comments:

Post a Comment